Tuesday 25 February 2014

Making, not Baking Houmous




Hello Everyone! 
Now despite the title, I'm not all about baking, even though it is my 'main game', i really am just a foodie, and love everything about it, so not just baked goods! And i thought i would introduce this to you today with a quick Houmous recipe, which is a definite favourite of mine! 









Now I'm not sure how much experience you guys have had with houmous, but i must say now it is a glorious thing, and very versatile, and although shop bought houmous is delicious and easy, there is nothing more satisfying than the achievement of your own pot of houmous sat in front of you. 
So here is a lovely little recipe for houmous, for which all you need is a food processor, it couldn't be simpler! 

Ingredients: 

150g dried chickpeas
100g tahini paste ( tahini is a paste made of sesame seeds, and if you struggle to find this, then it can be replaced by 2 tsp of sesame oil)
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chilli powder
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil 

1 clove of garlic
A good pinch of salt


Method: 

1. Get out your food Processor 

2. Prepare all your ingredients 

3. Chuck it all in the food Processor, and blitz for a couple of minutes until smooth, scraping down the sides at times. 

4. Put into a serving dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little chilli powder for garnish. 


And it really is that easy! And the results are great, you won't want to go shop bought again! Well i hope you have enjoyed this little post, and i now hope you won't be too shocked if you see non-baked recipes on my blog! 
Also, very exciting news! On Saturday i will be getting a puppy, a little Boxador none the less, so I'm sure i will be bombarding you with pictures of her, and she definitely isn't baking related!
As always, leave me any comments, i love reading them, until next time, Elise xxx

6 comments:

  1. Yummmm! I will definitely be trying this!

    www.astrid-stars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds nice and simple, thanks for sharing!

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Houmous!! Thanks for posting I will try this one.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your recipes! Yet another I will have to try. I don't care for hummus, but perhaps if I tweak it to my tastes, my opinion will change. (:

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! yes that is great idea, you could add lemon and coriander, roasted red peppers or caramelised onions, houmous is so versatile, you could add anything to it to make it yours!
    Elise x

    ReplyDelete